Monday, September 26, 2011

Vintage Finds




Do any of you shop Estate Sales? I haven't in the past but I was so inspired by Mena at the Sew Weekly's post about her vintage finds that I decided to give it a try.

I was really excited to find a vintage lazy susan, just like ones I had been admiring on Etsy but for much cheaper than the Etsy price! I also found a couple nice pieces of jewelry.

I also came home with a nice sized box of vintage sewing notions (bias binding, hem lace and tape, vintage lace, and some silk threads). As if all of this wasn't enough I also found an old Singer Golden and Touch and Sew from the Late 1960's. It had the user manual, an accessories box, and two button holers - all in original packaging! This machine while a lot older than what I currently use has so many more feet and functions (decorative cams etc.). I can't wait to sew with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment