Tuesday, January 1, 2013
I am looking forward to the New Year! 2013 for me, will be a year of setting my priorities correctly. The first being to take better care of myself which includes both putting things like eating healthier, exercise and spending time with my family first, but also includes spending some time doing what I love - sewing, knitting and other crafts.
Here is a list of my sewing goals for the year:
0. Finish my first quilt ( 0. since most of this work was done in 2012)
1. Sew my first coat
2. Participate in Sew Colette 2.0
3. Finish these Craftsy Classes that I am enrolled in: Knit this - Mastering Lace Shawls, Sassy Librarian Blouse, Sewing Texture, Sew Retro: Perfect Fit Bombshell Dress
4. Complete at least 2 sewing projects each month and 1 knitting or other craft type project.
5. Finish Sewing Room Makeover Items
While I am setting goals for myself it is mostly about cleaning up ideas, projects and money/time already spent last year scheming and planning. Most of the items above I have either already purchased patterns, fabric, notions or all of the above and it is about time I got to work on some of it!
My stash isn't large but it is larger than I want it to be so I will be working on reducing some of that. My solution was pretty simple to gather some of it up and pair it with the patterns and notions that I had already bought to complete "some day".
The wine crate pictures above contains 14 projects ranging from a purse, a pencil skirt, a patchwork quilt, to several dresses that I plan to work on when I am not directly working on one of the above goals. Let's see how well I do!
Happy New Year!