Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 Goals



I am looking forward to the New Year!  2013 for me, will be a year of setting my priorities correctly.  The first being to take better care of myself which includes both putting things like eating healthier, exercise and spending time with my family first, but also includes spending some time doing what I love - sewing, knitting and other crafts. 

Here is a list of my sewing goals for the year:

0.  Finish my first quilt ( 0. since most of this work was done in 2012)
1.  Sew my first coat
2.  Participate in Sew Colette 2.0
3.  Finish these Craftsy Classes that I am enrolled in:  Knit this - Mastering Lace Shawls, Sassy          Librarian Blouse, Sewing Texture, Sew Retro: Perfect Fit Bombshell Dress  
4.  Complete at least 2 sewing projects each month and 1 knitting or other craft type project.
5.  Finish Sewing Room Makeover Items

While I am setting goals for myself it is mostly about cleaning up ideas, projects and money/time already spent last year scheming and planning.  Most of the items above I have either already purchased patterns, fabric, notions or all of the above and it is about time I got to work on some of it!

My stash isn't large but it is larger than I want it to be so I will be working on reducing some of that.  My solution was pretty simple to gather some of it up and pair it with the patterns and notions that I had already bought to complete "some day".


The wine crate pictures above contains 14 projects ranging from a purse, a pencil skirt, a patchwork quilt, to several dresses that I plan to work on when I am not directly working on one of the above goals.  Let's see how well I do!

Happy New Year!

3 comments:

  1. That's a lot of projects! I need to do some finishing myself. I have something like 5 projects that I started but haven't finished. Some have been sitting for 2 years. Can you beleive it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like your sewing machine it's pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had one that had been sitting that long and I finally just gave up and transferred it to the scrap pile, but I do have two that I am carrying over to this year which I didn't list. I guess I'll probably finish them in the Spring since they are more wearable then. I try not to have any UFO's but then again I said the same thing about a stash.. and that is already out of control. hahha! My sewing machine is a Janome Hello Kitty machine is pretty functional for being mostly a child's learning machine, but I do think I'll pick up something a bit more heavy duty this year.

      Delete