Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Polka Dot Minrou


I am excited to show off my very first jacket - the Polka Dot Minrou!  This jacket has been several months in the making.  I purchased both the pattern and the fabric in late December when it released but waited until the Sew Along, hosted by Tasia the pattern designer, started in January to begin sewing.

The Sew Along went at a comfortable pace and I stayed on track for the most part but near the end Tasia ran out of thread and it was about a week before she was back on track with the posts. Sadly, it was just enough time for me to start on something else and lose my steam towards finishing. I finally picked it up last week and finished the last few steps!

I chose to make the version without the hood, but also did not add the cuffs.  The cuffs give the jacket a more sporty edge, but I preferred not to use them and turned the sleeve over and followed the instructions similar to the bottom hem of the jacket. The fabric I used was a cotton canvas from Harts fabric and the lining is Rayon bemberg also from Harts.

I would love to make this again maybe even a raincoat version, but I live in California and our jacket season is short and our raincoat season almost non-existent.  I am going to wait and see how much wear I get out of this one first!

No comments:

Post a Comment