Monday, April 23, 2012

SPC Item #2 - Cotton Candy Stripes



My second item for the Spring Palette Challenge is complete!  I chose a pink and white striped cotton and Colette's Hazel pattern.  I had purchased the fabric several months back with Colette's Ginger pattern in mind. I am glad I waited because this dress is so perfectly me!

Since the stripes are mostly going in other directions or gathered there isn't a real need to be too matchy - matchy with the stripes.  I didn't have enough fabric to make the bodice stripes horizontal but since they were cut on fold of the fabric - it does match up with the center of the skirt.
I am definitely going to be making another striped version of this dress and this time making sure I have some extra fabric to play with the striping a bit more.

I love the shaping/silhouette of this dress!  It is a simple sundress, but all of the shaping makes me feel extra girly and polished enough that I could throw on a cardigan and where this work.

The pattern was an absolute breeze to sew up and as usual the Colette pattern instructions were excellent.  This dress is not only a wear again, but a make again as well!

Next up in the SPC is the Yellow Polka Dot Taffy Blouse with the Yellow Iris shorts.

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I have some blue and white striped fabric waiting to be made into the Hazel dress. Looks great on you, and perfect with that necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous on you. I really like the subtle bodice detailing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, this looks gorgeous - so fresh and summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, really cute dress. I ordered Hazel as well and I hope it will arrive in the next days.
    It´s super for summer!

    ReplyDelete