Monday, January 30, 2012

Finished Peony Dress!

I just knew after sewing up the bright yellow Peony dress during the Fall Palette Challenge
that I was going to love this pattern!  Sadly, I have not worn the yellow dress once.  I am
 going to have to find a way of toning the color down to something more suitable for me. 
However, this dress is for sure to get a lot of wear!  The fabric is a gorgeous linen given to
 me by mother-inlaw out of her stash.  I never thought to ask her what she imagined
making out of it when she bought it - but I hope I did it justice!  The belt fabric is a silk
 chiffon I picked up during my trip to Portland - just for this dress.   Since I had made
this dress before the construction details were fairly easy.  I can't believe I am going to
 admit this next part.  The meringue skirt was the first garment where I ironed all seams
 after sewing them, seeing the difference this really makes during construction I ironed
after every step for this dress.  The ironing will helps give the dress a more professional
 finish.  I guess now it is time to invest in a good tailor's ham and seam roll! 


  1. that came out so pretty! I just recently made my own tailer's ham out of scrap fabric. there's a tutorial on Burda Style that I used.

  2. Super pretty! I love the pattern! :)