Tuesday, December 13, 2011

New Fabrics


I recently went on a trip to Portland for work, and I was so excited to have a few hours in the evening to search for some new fabrics.

I intended to search for some wools for pants and coats and warm wintery things like that. However, the wools this time of year didn't catch my eye. Most were in neutral tones beiges, browns, off-whites, blacks and navy, and I was in the mood for color!

However, I came home with some very nice silks and my luggage thanked me for not being overly heavy! My find of the trip was a gorgeous floral linen that I'll have to photograph and post.

The fabric pictured above is a fabric I had trouble locating on my trip. I had it in mind for some time but I couldn't remember when I got to the fabric store who made it. It's Line Dance by Kaffe Fassett and I have to say even prettier than in the photo. The yellow and green tints are just a bit more subtle and the fabric so soft. It is going to have to be part of my Spring Palette - maybe a beautiful Chantilly or Parfait from Colette patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment