Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Black Lily

Pattern: Colette Patterns – Lily


Fabric: Black Cotton Pique purchased from Denver Fabric

Styled with: Shoes: Poetic License purchased from Modcloth
Wear Again: YES! YES! YES! Maybe even make again!

This is actually my second version of the Lily dress. I made the first version a Lavender color during the Spring Palette Challenge 2012. However, I never really got around to taking pictures of it – even though I wear it quite frequently.

This version is no exception – and currently on high rotation in my closet! I love that I can pair it with everything and it is casual enough for work (when paired with a cardigan) but dressy enough for a date night out with my husband.



Pattern Review: While there are more pattern pieces than most beginner/easy patterns that is really the most time consuming or difficult thing about this pattern. The construction is straightforward and simple. I only needed my basic usual adjustments which was grading from a smaller size to a larger size and the fit is flattering and comfortable.


I could see this made up in a myriad of delightful colors! I am thinking of making a version with pocket and collar flap contrast as my next version. But first back to my goal of finishing the projects sitting in my wine crate….




No comments:

Post a Comment