Monday, June 17, 2013

Cherry Licorice

I can't believe it has taken me so long to post pictures of this dress!  This was the final garment I made for Sew Colette last year, but due to unforeseen circumstances I really didn't finish it until early this year. 

I have had a hard time finding time to blog lately and an even harder time getting photos taken.  I have still been sewing though and hope to get back on track in the coming months.  I had a few things that just were not working for me and some of that has been resolved lately.  Back to the dress...

I have to tell you I made this out of quilting cotton from Joann's, a mistake I probably won't make again.  It is a pretty dress and I have got a lot of wear out of it, but it seems stiffer and heavier than other quilting cottons.

I was also really distracted while making this dress and was only sewing in about 15 minute increments or less during this time, I ended up cutting out the lining for the dress 2 other times due to mistakes with sewing, but I finally finished.  I would love to make another of these dresses now that I am finding more time to sew.

Pattern:  Colette Sewing Handbook  - Licorice Dress
Fabric - Cherry Cotton
Styled with: Red Shoes from Nine West (barely seen in top photo)

No comments:

Post a Comment